News & Information
PDF to Print
Arrival & Departure
- Brunt House will be available from 4:00 pm on your day of arrival. Please do not arrive earlier than 4:00 pm as we will still be completing the changeover.
- Please vacate the property no later than 10am on your day of departure. This is to allow us the time to complete the changeover before the next guests arrive.
- We will inform you in advance about key collection and drop-off.
- The property is equipped with a burglar alarm system with remote monitoring. We will explain its operation in advance of your arrival.
Address and Location
- Brunt House, 2 Brunt How, Loughrigg, Ambleside, Cumbria. LA22 9HE
- Directions to the house: Turn left on to the A593 heading towards Coniston. Pass through Clappersgate and after approximately one and a half miles turn right, signposted for High Close, and proceed up the lane for 20 metres, turning first right over the cattle grid. Continue straight ahead following the driveway as it winds up to Brunt House, which is at the very top of the driveway. There is ample parking in the driveway for up to three cars.
- Latitude/longitude: 54°25’32.5″N 3°00’08.4″W (54.425698, -3.002347)
- Grid Reference: NY 35047 03740
- There is ample private off-road parking for up to 3 cars in front of the house. The area is private and secluded.
- The house has three floors, in total 2,400 square feet of living space.
- Brunt House can accommodate up to 6 guests in 3 en-suite bedrooms. In two of these rooms the beds can be made up as either a Super-King or Twin singles. All beds will be made up as doubles unless otherwise requested.
- In addition up to 2 small children or babies that do not require a full size bed can be accommodated in a travel cot or ‘z-bed’. Please ask at the time of booking.
- A booking option for a smaller party of 2 or 3 people is also available, saving 10% off the normal price.
Bed linen, towels
- Luxury bed linen, towels and bathrobes are provided for guests.
- Locally sourced soap and shampoo are also provided in the bathrooms.
of all ages
- Children of all ages are very welcome at Brunt House. A travel cot and high chair are available on request. Please bring your own bedding for the travel cot. DVDs, board games and more are available for older kids at Brunt House.
are welcome too!
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome at Brunt House by prior arrangement. Please provide details of the well behaved dog(s) coming with you and ensure that they have a collar and tag bearing your (the owners) name and address.
- The outdoor space is not fenced, so please keep your dog on a lead – there are also plenty of sheep in the area! Please clean up after your dog.
- Dogs are only permitted downstairs and under no circumstances in the bedrooms. Dogs are not allowed on furniture and must not be left unattended in the house at any time (except in the porch).
- It is recommended that you check your dog daily for ticks, which are common in the Lake District.
- There is no charge for dogs at Brunt House, but you will be fully responsible for any damage caused by your dog, which will be invoiced in full. The furniture, carpets and fittings at Brunt House are of the highest quality; if you are unsure about the behaviour of your dog, please don’t take a chance.
- The kitchen is fully equipped for cooking, baking and more.
- There are two Miele fan ovens, a microwave, a slow cooker and an induction hob.
- Basic supplies at the house include salt, pepper, sugar, cooking oil, olive oil, tea, coffee, basic spices, clingfilm, aluminium foil, and more.
- The land in front of the house is available for guest use, including the swing. Please note that the raised garden (up the metal steps) does not belong to Brunt House.
- There is a selection of shops in Ambleside just 5 minutes by car from the house.
- The nearest supermarket is Booths next to Windermere station – which is on the way to the house from the M6 motorway and about 15 minutes by car from the house.
- Chesters shop (Skelwith Bridge) sells a limited range of deli-style items including local bread, cakes and more.
- You may also choose to order an online grocery delivery from Tesco or Sainsbury’s. Please ensure that you will be at the house when they deliver.
Walking, Cycling and Other Activities
- Brunt House is an ideal ‘base’ for many activities including fell walking, cycling, kayaking (on the River Brathay) and much more.
- Bicycles and other equipment can be safely stored in the Boot Room, which is secure and dry.
Super-fast Wireless Broadband and Telephone
- Free broadband and Wi-Fi access is provided throughout the property. Brunt House benefits from Super-fast fibre broadband – speeds of 60 mps. The service is generally reliable, but being a rural area, the service cannot be guaranteed.
- Brunt House also benefits from a Cat 6 wired gigabit network, with network points in every room.
- Fixed line telephones are provided in the hallway and on the top floor. National and local calls are free. But please do not use for international calls, calls to mobile phones or premium rate numbers.
- Mobile phone reception at the property is limited, and not guaranteed. Please check with your network provider.
TV, Satellite and Audio – and FREE NETFLIX
- Latest technology Samsung HD ‘smart’ TVs are provided in all reception and bedrooms.
- All TV’s receive 200+ channels via Freesat.
- Free Brunt House Netflix service allows access to thousands of movies and TV ‘box set’ series.
- There are also Blu-ray DVD players with a selection of the latest movies, as well as kids films.
- The 48” lounge TV benefits from the latest cinema sound system with sub-woofer.
- In each bedroom, there is a Bose Soundlink player, ideal for listening to music from your phone or iPod.
- There is a Revo Superconnect Wi-Fi radio in the kitchen.
Heating and Lighting
- Brunt House has been re-furbished to a good standard of energy efficiency with high levels of insulation, latest technology LED lighting and multi-zone under-floor and radiator central heating.
- Due to its remote location, the property is heated by LPG gas from a bulk storage tank, which is expensive. We would ask that you consider the cost and environmental impact of excessive use of the heating system. The system controls are set to deliver optimum comfort.
- There is a log-burning stove in the lounge. An initial supply of logs and kindling are provided for guest use, together with matches and a fire lighter. Extra supplies are available locally. Please ensure the stove door is closed at all times, particularly if left unattended. Please take extra care with children and ensure they are supervised at all times.
- Brunt House benefits from it’s own private spring on Loughrigg Fell, so you are guaranteed wonderful natural Lakeland spring water on tap. This spring water is passed through a high-tech filtration and UV sterilisation system which is regularly inspected by South Lakelands District Council.
- The plumbing in Brunt House has been upgraded to the latest pump-pressurised system, ensuring powerful showers and plenty of hot water at all times.
- The water at Brunt House is naturally soft.
- Guests are asked not to smoke inside the house. Smoking is permitted in the grounds, but please pick up all litter.
- Prices are inclusive of VAT. Registration Number 232 7943 01
© Brunt House Holidays 2021