Terms & Conditions
All bookings at Brunt House are subject to the terms and conditions detailed here. Please read carefully, and contact us with any questions. These terms and conditions may be updated from time to time.
Christopher may be contacted by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Coronavirus Flexible Cancellation Policy ***
If you are unable to take your holiday at Brunt House due to government Coronavirus legislation, then you will be given the option to re-book for a later date subject to availability. Any monies paid will be carried forward on account and applied against the revised booking. If the revised booking period is more expensive, then the difference in price will be payable. Please do NOT travel to Brunt House if you are self-isolating in line with government policy – you will be able to re-book for a later date and monies paid will be held on account. We strongly recommend that you take out travel/holiday insurance. Travel insurance including Covid-19 cover is now widely available. In all other circumstances the cancellation policy below will be strictly applied.
***Important Coronavirus Information***
Before travelling to Brunt House you must ensure that you agree with the following statements:
The current COVID-19 pandemic brings a number of known risks and a number of unknown risks. I have chosen to stay at Brunt House during the pandemic in the knowledge that much is still unknown about the virus.
I confirm that I or a member of my party are not currently suffering from any of the symptoms of Covid-19 as defined by government guidance and I/we have not suffered from any of these symptoms in the last 7 days.
I confirm that I or a member of my party have not been in close contact (within 2 metres) of anyone suffering with any of these symptoms, or who has tested positive for Coronavirus in the last 14 days.
If you can’t confirm the above statements then you should not travel to Brunt House and the Coronavirus Cancellation Policy will apply.
- You (the hirer/guest) can book and pay online using a credit card, debit card or PayPal. Alternatively you may call or email using the details on the Contact page. We also accept payment by bank transfer. A booking is only confirmed once we have confirmed to you the availability of your chosen booking period and received your booking details and booking deposit (or full rental payment if applicable). We will confirm to you the booking details and receipt of the booking deposit and rental balance via email. Please note, a small daily charge will be added to your invoice to cover the cost of gas and electricity.
Paying the deposit
- A booking must be accompanied by a non-refundable booking deposit. This deposit reserves the requested booking period for your use. It is non-refundable to reflect the fact we may lose the opportunity to re-let if you subsequently cancel your holiday. However, if the booking is cancelled within 7 days of being placed, the booking deposit will be refunded.
- The owners reserve the right to cancel a booking at any time and return the booking deposit without giving a reason.
Paying the rental balance
- The rental balance must be paid in full no later than 6 weeks before your holiday arrival date. If you are booking within 6 weeks of the holiday arrival date, then please pay the booking deposit and balance with your booking. You can pay online using a credit card, debit card or PayPal by clicking on the “pay now” button on the invoice. Alternatively you may call or email using the details on the Contact page. Payment is also accepted by bank transfer. If we do not receive the full payment by this time, we reserve the right to cancel the booking, in which case our cancellation policy applies and you will forfeit the booking deposit.
- You are responsible for any breakages, damage or loss you cause to the property and its contents. Please note that we don’t normally charge for minor breakages (e.g. glassware, crockery) provided that these have been reported before you leave. We will charge for all other damage, or missing or broken items and will issue an invoice for immediate payment. We reserve the right to debit such charges from your credit or payment card.
- The house is thoroughly cleaned between holiday lets. However, because only a limited period is available, we ask that you leave the property and its contents clean and tidy. All crockery, cutlery and kitchen items should be clean and put away – it is fine to leave a few items washing in the dishwasher on the morning of checkout. We reserve the right to charge £60 where extra cleaning is required. If stains on carpets or upholstery require professional cleaning, we will charge for this in addition.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you agree to pay any reasonable charges associated with extra cleaning, loss, damage, breakages or similar resulting from your stay at Brunt House.
- We strongly recommend that you arrange travel/holiday insurance to cover you in the event of cancellation. Our cancellation policy is strictly enforced.
- In the event of cancellation more than six weeks before the start of your stay, your deposit will not be refunded unless the accommodation is re-let for the same period. Should cancellation take place less than six weeks before the start of the holiday the rental is payable in full. It is recommended that you consider taking out suitable travel/holiday insurance.
- We do not accept liability for damage, loss or injury during your stay at Brunt House. This includes loss or damage to vehicles and their contents, and to the personal possessions you bring with you. We do advise guests to take out their own holiday insurance.
Children and Safety Advice
- The Hirer/Guests must accept full responsibility for the safety of any children in their booking party. Our rental property is a general domestic house and no assurances can be provided as to the safety or suitability of the property for the Guest, the Guests’ children or pets. Cots, highchairs and other baby equipment may be available upon request for infants but Guests are advised to check the safety of any such items before use and also the circumstances of the environment within which they are to be used. Guests may choose to bring their own travel cot or other children’s equipment/facilities with them for the duration of their stay.
- The owners draw the Guests’ particular attention to keeping a close eye on children of all ages (or other members of the party who may not be able to adequately identify risks) whilst at the property, particularly in regard to the proximity of roads and rivers, open fires, open windows and the use of BBQ equipment. Please be extra vigilant with:
- Railings, stairs, small walls and fences or boundaries with gaps – small children are able to squeeze through gaps and climb and the Owner will not accept any responsibility for any accidents that happen as a result.
- Glass doors and windows – these can be difficult to see in bright light and guests are particularly advised NOT to leave open windows due to the danger of falling and the mechanism of the window.
- Wooden and tiled floors – can be very slippery when wet and should be avoided by those with wet feet.
- Should you find any faults or have any complaints during your stay, please advise us of these immediately so that any appropriate action can be taken. Any unresolved disputes may be referred to arbitration.
- Any maintenance problems should be notified to the owners as soon as they arise so that these can be dealt with as swiftly as possible.
- We provide a visitors’ book at Brunt House. We welcome your feedback and comments and would be very grateful if guests would sign it.
- If you have any queries relating to these terms and conditions, please contact the owner. Christopher may be contacted by e-mail at: email@example.com
- Under no circumstances are Guests permitted to sub-let the property, or at any time allow others to occupy the house. Only Guests named at the time of booking are permitted to stay at Brunt House.
- We cannot accept bookings from anyone under the age of 18. There must be at least one adult for each booking.
- The owners reserve the right to refuse any booking without giving a reason.
- No all male or all female ‘stag’ or ‘hen’ parties will be accepted.
- The house may not be used as a location for film, video or photo shoots without the express written permission of the owners.
- Vehicles should be parked only on the Brunt House premises and are left entirely at your own risk, as are all of your party’s belongings in the property.
- Up to 3 vehicles can be parked at the property.
- The maximum number of occupants for the property is 6. In addition, up to 2 young children or babies that do not require a full size bed can be accommodated. Please let us know at the time of booking.
- Children should be supervised at all times.
- Guests are requested to avoid excessive noise or disturbance, and to respect neighbours at all times. The owners reserve the right to ask Guests to leave with immediate effect if they are causing a disturbance or there is reason to believe that damage is being caused to the property. In such circumstances a pro-rata refund will be made for any unused portion of the holiday.
- The hirer acknowledges that this agreement is made on the basis that the holiday home is to be occupied by the Hirer/Guests for a holiday (as referred to in the Housing Act 1988, Schedule 1, Paragraph 9) and the Hirer further acknowledges that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory tenancy will arise on the termination of the letting period. We reserve the right of access to our property at all reasonable times; we shall always respect our Guests’ privacy and we will endeavour to contact you in the unlikely event that we require emergency access during your stay.
- Up to two well-behaved adult dogs are welcome at Brunt House by prior arrangement. Please provide details of the well behaved dog(s) coming with you and ensure that they have a collar and tag bearing your (the owners) name and address.
- The outdoor space is not fenced, so please keep your dog on a lead – there are also plenty of sheep in the area! Please clean up after your dog.
Dogs are only permitted downstairs and under no circumstances in the bedrooms. Dogs are not allowed on furniture and must not be left unattended in the house at any time.
It is recommended that you check your dog daily for ticks, which are common in the Lake District.
- There is no charge for dogs at Brunt House, but you will be fully responsible for any damage caused by your dog, which will be invoiced in full. The furniture, carpets and fittings at Brunt House are of the highest quality; if you are unsure about the behaviour of your dog, please don’t take a chance. Strictly no puppies under 12 months old.
© Brunt House Holidays